Parental benefits – Checklist
There are a lot of things to keep track of when you are on parental leave. Here are a few things to keep in mind – before and after you send us an application.
- New job or salary? Double‑check that all the information displayed in the online application system (Mina sidor) are correct. In particular, details of your income and employer.
- New or last-minute vacation plans? Submit a new application to replace the initial one. The new application should not include your vacation days, because you are not entitled to parental benefit whilst on holiday.
- Moving or travelling? Contact us if you are moving abroad or travelling to a non-EU country, as this may affect your eligibility for benefits.
- Made a mistake? Contact us if you spot any errors, as it is not possible to alter an application that has already been signed and sent to us.
Best of luck with your application!
Keep in touch
You are required by law to certify that the information attached to an application is correct. As well as update them because it often affects the previous ruling and calculations.
Print out forms are available if you are not able to access our digital services. Apply for social benefits online by logging on to our e-service (Mina sidor) or our app (Försäkringskassans app) with a Swedish electronic identification.
Our e-services are unfortunately only available in Swedish. But you can always get assistance by booking a meeting, in person or online, or by calling our Call Centre. We are also available on social media and at local offices (service centre) throughout Sweden.
Care of sick child
Social benefits for parents
About the social insurance system
Other government agencies
- Swedish Migration Agency (migrationsverket.se) External link, opens in new window.
- Swedish Tax Agency (skatteverket.se) External link, opens in new window.
- Companies Registration Office (bolagsverket.se) External link, opens in new window.
- National Government Service Center (statenssc.se) External link, opens in new window.