Försäkringskassan's logo
Sign in
Keep in mind...

You are using an older version of your web browser. This means that you might not be able to use all of the functions of the website. We recommend that you update to a newer version.

Occupational injuries

If an employee is injured in the workplace, or on the way to or from work, you as an employer should report occupational injury.

An occupational injury is:

  • An occupational injury is an injury or illness that has arisen due to an accident or that in some other way is caused by the work.
  • an injury that has occurred on the way to or from work.
  • an infectious disease that has arisen as a result of infection in a high-risk occupation, e.g. through a job at a medical treatment facility or another job that involves treating, caring for or taking care of people who are infectious.

What is my responsibility as an employer if an injury occurs?

1. Report the injury

As an employer, you must always report the occupational injury to Försäkringskassan. Find out what happened when the employee injured himself/herself and report the occupational injury as soon as possible.

Report occupational injury (anmalarbetsskada.se) External link.

2. Notify the safety officer at the workplace that you have reported an occupational injury

If your workplace has a safety representative, tell them that you have submitted a work injury report and give the representative a copy of it.

Useful information for your employee’s sake

The employee can apply for compensation from Försäkringskassan.

The employee can investigate whether he/she/she is entitled to compensation from occupational injury insurance.

If you were injured at work

The employee can receive compensation from AFA Insurance

If you have collective agreements, the employee can contact AFA Insurance to find out if they are entitled to compensation from them.

Last updated: