Allowance to prevent and reduce sick leave
As an employer, you are entitled to an allowance to engage expert support for the purpose of investigating, planning, initiating, implementing and following up on workplace-oriented measures.
Allowance to prevent and shorten sick leave – workplace-oriented rehabilitation support
The measures you apply for should be workplace-oriented in order to prevent sickness benefit cases or make it easier for an employee to remain in work or return to work. The allowance is also a good support for developing a plan for returning to work for an employee who is on sick leave.
When might you as an employer need to hire a provider?
It is you together with the employee and the provider who plan and implement appropriate workplace-oriented measures. Medical or other treatment is not included, these must be workplace-oriented support measures. For example, you as an employer might need to hire a provider:
- to identify or investigate an employee’s need for support or measures in order to be able to remain at or return to work
- to produce a plan for returning to work
- to have the support of a rehabilitation manager or equivalent function to investigate, plan, implement or follow up on work-oriented measures
- because the employee needs supportive discussions in order to be able remain at or return to work
- because the employee needs support in dealing with stress, conflict or a crisis in order to remain at or return to work
- because the employee needs supervision to manage his/her work
- to adapt the workplace, tasks or working hours
- to review the working environment or tasks of the individual, e.g. to identify any need for adaptations, assistive devices or to learn a modified work technique
- to implement other workplace-oriented measures so that your employee can remain at or return to work
How do I apply?
1. Contact an approved provider
Contact an approved provider of workplace-oriented rehabilitation support, such as an occupational healthcare provider or another actor.
Approved providers Workplace-oriented rehabilitation support – by postal address (in Swedish) Excel, 34.1 kB, opens in new window.
2. The provider reports the measures implemented
The provider reports the measures implemented to you, together with supporting documentation to confirm the cost.
3. Fill in the form entitled Application for allowance for workplace-oriented rehabilitation support
Fill in the application form entitled Application for allowance for workplace-oriented rehabilitation support, using the provider’s report as supporting documentation. The report should not be submitted together with the application. It should only be submitted to Försäkringskassan on request.
4. Send the application to Försäkringskassan
Send the application to the address on the application form, enclosing supporting documentation to confirm the cost and the supplier.
If you have any questions about workplace-oriented rehabilitation support, please email them to: