Disease carrier’s benefit for job seekers
Disease carrier allowance is money you can receive if you are unable to look for work because you have or are suspected of having an infectious disease.
Am I eligible for disease carrier allowance?
You can receive disease carrier allowance if you must refrain from seeking work because you:
- have or are suspected of having an infectious disease, but do not have a diminished work capacity
- must visit the doctor to investigate whether you have an infectious disease
- are infected with a disease considered a public health hazard
- have an illness, infection, wound or other injury that means you may not handle food
How much do I get?
You receive approximately 80 per cent of your sickness benefit qualifying income. Your sickness benefit qualifying income is based on the salary you had before you became a job seeker. If you are unemployed, you can receive a maximum of SEK 543 per day in compensation.
You can also receive a travel allowance for trips you must make in relation to medical examinations, health checks or treatments.
How do I apply?
1. Apply on My pages (Mina sidor)
2. Submit the doctor's certificate
Along with your application, you must submit a certificate indicating that you are not allowed to work or search for a job because you have or are suspected of having an infectious disease. The certificate will be provided by your doctor. Send it to Försäkringskassans inläsningscentral 839 88 Östersund.
Normally it takes 30 days for us to process your application. It could take longer if we require more information. The disbursement is not paid on a fixed date. It is instead paid once we have completed the processing work.
Hjälp oss göra vår webbplats bättre
Svara på enkäten och berätta vad du tycker om webbplatsen.