Yes, you always get compensation for 10 days per child. Upon the birth of twins, you get 20 days, 30 days for the birth of triplets, and so on.
The non-pregnant parent can receive compensation for 10 days of leave in connection with the birth of the child. These days shall provide the opportunity to be at the delivery, get to know the child and take care of other children in the family. The compensation you get is called temporary parental benefits.
Can I receive compensation for the 10 days?
- you are insured in Sweden. You usually are if you live or work here.
- the child lives in Sweden or within the EU/EEA or Switzerland.
You can also receive compensation for 10 days if the pregnant parent is single and you are a close relative.
How much money will I get?
With the “Kassakollen” function, you can quickly and easily see approximately how much you can receive for your 10 days. You receive approximately 80 per cent of your salary.
How do I apply for compensation for the 10 days?
Once you have begun working or seeking work again, log in to My pages (Mina sidor) to apply for money for the days you have been on leave. You must take out the 10 days within 60 days from returning home from the delivery. Remember to apply no more than 90 days from the first day you were home with the child.
Compensation for the 10 days is paid out on the 25th if you apply no later than the 10th. If you apply after the 10th, your money will be paid out on the 25th of the next month. If we need more information from you, it can take more time. We will contact you if so.
Special disbursement dates
- If the disbursement date is a Saturday, your money will be paid out on Friday.
- If the disbursement date is a Sunday, your money will be paid out on Monday.
- Disbursement normally scheduled for 25 December will be paid out on 21 December 2018 (if you apply by no later than 15 December).
When will the disbursement appear on My pages (Mina sidor)?
On My pages (Mina sidor), you can see the disbursement under Disbursements (Utbetalningar) 1 bank day before the money arrives.