Yes, you always get compensation for 10 days per child. Upon the birth of twins, you get 20 days, 30 days for the birth of triplets, and so on.
10 days at birth of child
The non-pregnant parent can receive compensation for 10 days of leave in connection with the birth of the child. These days shall provide the opportunity to be at the delivery, get to know the child and take care of other children in the family. The compensation you get is called temporary parental benefits.
Can I receive compensation for the 10 days?
- you are the child's parent
- you refrain from working or collecting unemployment benefits during the 10 days
- you take out the days before 60 days have passed since returning home after the child's birth.
You can also receive compensation for 10 days if the pregnant parent is single and you are a closely related person.
How much money will I get?
With the “Kassakollen” function, you can quickly and easily see approximately how much you can receive for your 10 days. You receive approximately 80 per cent of your salary.
How do you apply for compensation for the 10 days?
To receive compensation for the 10 days, you must first register that you intend to take leave and then apply for the money after the leave.
1. Register – before you take leave
You do not need to know what dates you will be on leave when you register. You must register no earlier than two months before the leave, and no later than the same day for which you want compensation. Did you forget to register in time? That's OK. Register using the current date instead.
2. Apply – once you have taken the leave
Once you have begun working or seeking work again, log in to My pages (Mina sidor) to apply for money for the days you have been on leave.
The money is paid out on the 25th if you applied no later than the 15th.
If you apply after the 15th, your money will be paid out on the 25th of the next month.
- If the disbursement date is a Saturday, your money will be paid out on Friday.
- If the disbursement date is a Sunday, your money will be paid out on Monday.
If we need more information from you, it can take more time. We will contact you if so.