Keep in mind...
You are using an older version of your web browser. This means that you might not be able to use all of the functions of the website. We recommend that you update to a newer version.

Maintenance support upon adoption

Maintenance support is money that you can apply for if you adopted a child from another country as a single parent. It is intended to financially compensate for the child support the child would have otherwise received from another parent.

Am I eligible for maintenance support?

You are eligible for maintenance support if

  • you have custody of the child
  • the child is younger than 18 years old
  • the child is nationally registered at your address
  • you and the child live in Sweden.

How much money will I get?

You receive SEK 1,573 per month up until the month of the child’s 15th birthday. After this, you receive SEK 1,723 per month.

How do I apply for maintenance support?

1. Apply

2. You receive a decision

If your application is complete, it takes no more than 8 weeks (16 weeks if one of you lives in a different country) before you will receive a decision. 

3. Disbursement

You receive the first disbursement as soon as the decision is made. After that, the maintenance support is paid out on the 25th of every month.

Special disbursement dates

Disbursement normally scheduled for 25 December will be paid out on 21 December 2018.

 Hjälp oss göra vår webbplats bättre

Svara på enkäten och berätta vad du tycker om webbplatsen.

Till enkäten öppnas i nytt fönster

Frequently asked questions

Yes, but only for the month before you sent in your application.

Young people over the age of 18 can receive extended maintenance support up to June of the year that they turn 20. To be eligible for extended maintenance support, the child must

  • attend school full time at the compulsory school level, upper-secondary level or the equivalent
  • have financial aid or extended child allowance
  • not be or have been married.

It is the child who must apply for extended maintenance support and the money is paid directly to the child. Use this form:

5010 Application for extended maintenance support when you live with only one parent (119 kB)PDF opens in a new window

Log in to My pages (Mina sidor) to change the account.

If you have technical issues

If your e-identification does not work or if you have other technical issues, you can get help on our technical support pages. There, you can get assistance from an administrator directly in a web meeting. You are then connected with the administrator, who can see your screen and help you. Web meetings are available during the Customer Centre’s opening hours.

Technical support

If you have a protected identity

If you have a protected identity, you cannot use all of the e-services found on My pages (Mina sidor). You can instead apply using a paper form.

If you must apply using a paper form

All forms that can be downloaded from the website can be found under Forms and certificates.

Forms and certificates