Webbinnehållsvisning (JSR 286)


Carer's allowance

Municipal child care allowance - an EU family benefit

Parents who work or live and work in different countries in the EU may be entitled to benefits from both countries. This means that a parent can receive benefits from a country without the child - or in some cases, the parent - living in that country. This also applies to parents who have pension. The benefits are to be coordinated so that the family will not receive double compensation or receive none.

Joint processing


Municipal child care allowance is an EU family benefit that can be paid to EU citizens not living in Sweden. Such cases must therefore be processed in accordance with the EU's coordination provisions.

When municipal child care allowance is disbursed as a family benefit, Försäkringskassan shall assess if the Regulation's provisions can be applied. The municipality shall assess if there is a right to the benefit under the benefit provisions. This means that the municipality and Försäkringskassan must process the case together.

In-depth information

Methodological support Municipality (PDF 15 kB, opens in a new window)

Family benefits in the EU - also apply to EEA countries (PDF 122 kB, opens in a new window)