Försäkringskassan's logo
Log in
Keep in mind...

You are using an older version of your web browser. This means that you might not be able to use all of the functions of the website. We recommend that you update to a newer version.

Travel expenses for a disease carrier

Here you will find out what you need to do if you become ill or are presumed to have an infectious disease considered to be a public health hazard and need to travel to do medical examinations.

Can I receive travel allowance because I am a disease carrier?

If you have or are likely to have been infected with a disease considered a public health hazard, you can be reimbursed for trips you need to make in relation to medical examinations, health checks or treatments.

When you apply, you need to submit:

  • receipts for your travel expenses
  • receipts showing that the trips were for care under the Communicable Diseases Act.

How do I apply?

1. Apply on My pages (Mina sidor)

{"url":"/privatpers/login#?goto=/wps/myportal/privatpers/etjanst/ansok-om-ersattning-for-resekostnader-for-smittbarare","login":true,"text":"Apply for compensation for travel expenses for a disease carrier (in Swedish)"}

2. Send in the receipts

The receipts must show your travel expenses and you must also provide receipts proving that the trips were for care under the Communicable Diseases Act.

3. Disbursement

Processing normally takes 30 days from the date when your application is received. It may take more time if we need to request more information. Disbursement is not paid out on a fixed date but will be paid once we have completed the processing work.

Special disbursement dates

Special disbursement dates and processing times

Related links

Last updated: