Försäkringskassan's logo
Sign in
Keep in mind...

You are using an older version of your web browser. This means that you might not be able to use all of the functions of the website. We recommend that you update to a newer version.

Disease carrier’s benefit and travel allowance for individuals with a limited company

Disease carrier allowance and travel allowance is money you can receive if you are unable to work because you have or are suspected of having an infectious disease.

Am I eligible for disease carrier allowance?

You can receive disease carrier allowance if you must refrain from working because you:

  • a doctor has decided that you are not allowed to work because you are infected or may be infected with a general dangerous disease
  • you should see a doctor to find out if you have a contagious disease
  • you have an illness, infection, wound or other injury that prevents you from handling food

You must have a medical certificate showing that you are not allowed to work due to the risk of infection.

If the disease prevents you from working

Disease carrier’s benefit is paid to individuals who are able to work, but are not allowed to do so due to a risk of infecting others. If you are unable to work, you may be entitled to sick pay from your employer or sickness benefit from Försäkringskassan.

Can I receive travel allowance because I am a disease carrier?

If you have or are likely to have been infected with a disease considered a public health hazard, you can be reimbursed for trips connected to medical examinations, checks or treatments.

When you apply, you need to submit:

  • receipts for your travel expenses
  • receipts showing that the trips were related to a disease considered a public health hazard under the Communicable Diseases Act.

How do I apply?

1. Apply on My pages (Mina sidor)

2. Submit the doctor's certificate or receipts

Along with your application, you must submit a certificate indicating that you are not allowed to work or search for a job because you have or are suspected of having an infectious disease. The certificate will be provided by your doctor.

3. Disbursement

Normally it takes 30 days for us to process your application. It could take longer if we require more information. The disbursement is not paid on a fixed date. It is instead paid once we have completed the processing work.

Special disbursement dates

Special disbursement dates and processing times

Last updated: