|An activity grant is money that you can receive if you participate in a labour market policy programme.|
1. The Swedish Public Employment Service (Arbetsförmedlingen) is referring you to a labour market policy programme.
2. After you have been referred, you will receive a letter from Försäkringskassan with a calculation of how much money you are entitled to if you participate in the programme. Normally you will receive the letter within 14 days after you have been referred.
3. There is a form for you to fill out in order to receive the money. The easiest way to fill out the form is to go to wwwforsakringskassan.se. The name of the form is “Försäkran aktivitetsstöd eller utvecklingsersättning (FK 5057A)” (Assurance
about Activity Grant or Development Allowance). You may also order the form by phoning our service line at 020-524 524.
4. Send the form to Försäkringskassans inläsningscentral, 839 88 Östersund once a month.
5. Generally speaking, you will receive your money 14 days after the form arrives at Försäkringskassan. The money will be paid to the account number that you have given to Försäkringskassan.
An activity grant is money that you can receive if you participate in a labour market policy programme.
How much money can I receive as an activity grant? (Hur mycket kan jag få i aktivitetsstöd?) If you meet the conditions for unemployment insurance, the amount of your activity grant will be based on the daily benefit. Participating in a programme on a full-time basis will qualify you for up to SEK 680 per day before tax. The days you receive an activity grant will be deducted from the number of days you receive unemployment benefits.
If you do not meet the conditions for unemployment insurance and are at least 25 years old, full-time participation in the programme will entitle you to a daily activity grant of SEK 223.
If you are at least 18 but younger than 25 years old and do not meet the conditions for unemployment insurance, you can receive development allowance.
If you have a leaving certificate from an upper secondary school, full-time participation in a programme will entitle you to SEK 140 per day.
If you do not have a leaving certificate, full-time participation will entitle you to SEK 48 per day. Your daily allowance will be raised to SEK 140 on 1 July of the year you turn 20.
Development allowance is tax-exempt.
Notify Försäkringskassan and Arbetsförmedlingen the first day you are sick. If somebody other than Arbetsförmedlingen has arranged your programme, notify them as well.
Notify Försäkringskassan at www.forsakringskassan.se or phone our service line at 020-524 524. Försäkringskassan will send a form to your home address.
You will not receive an allowance for any day that you work instead of participating in the programme. Your allowance will be reduced if you work for part of a day instead of participating in the programme.
If you work while continuing to participate in the programme full-time, your allowance will not be reduced.