Försäkringskassan uses cookies to enhance and personalise your visit to our website. By clicking the "I accept buttons", you agree to the use of cookies. To use "Mina sidor" and some other features, you need to accept cookies. Read more about cookies

I accept

Activity compensation

What is activity compensation

Activity compensation is a compensation for those who are young and will probably not be able to work full time for at least one year due to illness, injury or disability.

Who can receive activity compensation?

You can receive activity compensation beginning in July of the year you turn 19 through the month that you turn 30. At most, you can be granted activity compensation for three years at a time.

Your working capacity shall be diminished by at least one fourth in all jobs on the entire labour market. This also includes jobs that are arranged for persons with disabilities, such as employment with salary grants.

You can apply for activity compensation yourself, or we can decide to replace your sickness benefits with activity compensation.

During the time with activity compensation

During the time you have activity compensation, you and our personal administrator will cooperate so that you will be able to participate in working and social life based on your circumstances.

Försäkringskassan and the Public Employment Service have cooperation for those who need support to be able to enter working life. This means that if you have activity compensation, you may need to meet Försäkringskassan, the Public Employment Service and other participants and talk about what support is available. At the meeting, it may be of interest for doctors, LSS administrators or others you have had contact with are involved and that everyone does the planning for the future together.

How much do I get in compensation?

Depending on how much your working capacity is diminished, you may have full, three-quarter or one-quarter sickness compensation.

Activity compensation may be income-related or in the form of a guarantee compensation.

You receive guarantee compensation if you have had a low income or no income at all. How much you can receive in guarantee compensation depends on your age and how long you have lived in Sweden.

Full income-related compensation gives you 64 per cent of the average income you had in recent years before the activity compensation was granted. It is called the assumed income.

Can I receive activity compensation when I am attending school?

If you have to extend your schooling due to a disability, you can receive activity compensation during the time that the schooling lasts. This applies to studies at the compulsory and upper-secondary school level.

We can in some cases need a certificate from the school or a doctor's certificate that shows that your extended schooling is due to the disability.

You can participate in activities

Försäkringskassan offers everyone who has activity compensation the possibility to participate in activities. An activity can, for example, be participating in a course, association activities and a sports activity. The activities shall take advantage of your opportunities to development and can be one step among many to get closer to working life.

If you have activity compensation and want to take advantage of the offering, you and your administrator plan suitable activities based on your needs and wishes. You and your administrator agree on suitable activities and together compile a plan for how they should be carried out. Försäkringskassan is responsible for making it easier for you to participate in the activities in various ways.

In some cases, you can receive financial compensation for the activities that you and your administrator have agreed on. For example, you can receive compensation for sports activities, course fees, travel or other costs you have in connection with the activities.

Dormant activity compensation

During the time that you have activity compensation, you can work or study and still have your right to compensation left. This is called dormant compensation. For more information, click on this link.